Monday, September 18, 2017

2017 - Day 261/104 - Monday...

Well, this is just perfect. I spoke with my friend Cass last week, about the credit reporting agency being hacked, and whether or not I should put a freeze on my credit reports. That was the boring part of the conversation. The interesting part of the conversation (aside from all things Bill), was that she had sent me a water color of cows. It seems she had been wanting to paint cows for a while, and while she was visiting with her parents in one of those square, nondescript northern states, she took time out of the schedule (parental escape) to take a cow painting lesson. That is not the same as taking a can of Sherwin-Williams and heading out to the closest pasture when you were a fraternity pledge. This is actually taking a wet brush, smooshing it around in some wet paint, and applying the wet paint to a piece of wet paper, specially made for the task of adhering wet paint to paper. Cass is an accomplished artist, and I envy that skill of hers. BUT I DIGRESS...a day or so ago, I reported to my legion of journal followers that the flora on the edge of nowhere was confused. Pear trees are blossoming, iris are blooming, figs are ripening. Now Cass sent my an original work of art, the subject of which are 'cows of a different color'. Blue and purple to be exact. Don't get me wrong, I am very proud to possess the art work, and I will be taking it to the frame shop post haste, but it reminded me after dinner this evening (as I was watering the flora around the house) that our neighbors have a cow that thinks it is a cat, we have a chicken that thinks it is a duck, we have a barn cat that thinks it is a raccoon, and we have two dogs that think they are people. It is very distressing. I sent Cass of Vera, my dearly departed former favorite chicken. Can't wait...
BUT, if you need the number of a top-notch financial advisor, let me know and I will hook you up with Cass. This offer does not include free art work. Deeds, Actions, Changes, PURPLE COWS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment