Tuesday, September 19, 2017

2017 - Day 262/103 - Tuesday...

I doubt many times that even the finest of all cameras, no matter how expensive or how talented the photographer, can truly capture the beauty of nature. These two rose blossoms are not the loveliest ever seen, but they are brave and doing the very best they can, and they are beautiful to me. There are others on the vine, and many buds, but these two are representative of them all. Daisies all look alike from afar, but up close, they are all different. This particular rose bush is propagated from a rose that survived (1) Katrina and (2) the floods. You should note, those were two separate and distinct events. There was a hurricane which did a little bit of damage to New Orleans and then there was the breech of the levee which is the event that really did the damage. Two separate and distinct events. Conspiracy theorists are still having a hay-day with this, but all I know is, my memento of the event is growing outside the garage. I do not look at the rose without thinking back. I moved to central Texas from New Orleans, and I have been back about four or five times in the decade since, and I am happy to say the city and the rose bush have both survived! Tomorrow will be a pretty long day, a full day of teaching class at our south location, so come on down if you happen to be in the neighborhood and say hello! Deeds, Actions, Changes, BLOSSOMS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment