Sunday, June 28, 2009

Day One Hundred Seventy Nine...

Well, if today is Sunday, this must be Dairy Queen!

I actually stayed in bed until about 6:15 AM this morning (I wasn't asleep, I just stayed in bed). The cool front has done nothing so far, it was 78 degrees outside when I went out to get the paper. After reading the paper and having coffee, I watered stuff in the front of the house, and came in for a break before watering stuff in the back of the house. Then I decided that, if you can get migas at a Mexican restaurant, you can get migas here, too. So, I started making up a recipe for migas, and I have to say they turned out pretty darn well! Nothing too difficult, and I was pretty darn happy with the outcome.

After breakfast, Jody and I went on a 'property tour' to see what all had been accomplished yesterday, and we are pretty darn happy with the progress. The property looks good, and is not any longer a candidate for 'grey gardens-ness'. We finished up the morning 'dead-heading' the Irises and Canna Lillies around the place, and it looks much better.

I needed to go into Georgetown to the Tractor Supply store for a couple mineral blocks for the cattle, and as long as we were in the area we NEEDED to stop at the Dairy Queen for 'spoilers'. That is what we call it when we get a 'Blizzard' since it will spoil whatever meal should be next on the agenda. In this case, lunch was 'spoiled' so we will slide until dinner time.

It is only 105 degrees outside right now, and we are trying to stay inside for the rest of the day. I will not be excited to get our electric bill this month (or next) because I know that when the heat is brutal, the electric bills will be brutal as well.

Tomorrow the flag pole is to be delivered and installed, and I am really looking forward to that. I think it will be a nice addition to the property, and I really like to fly the flags. We are lucky to live in a place that we can pretty much do what we want.

The week ahead will be a fast one, we will be closed on Friday in observance of the Holiday, and I already have appointments for the coming week. Time flies when you are having fun.

Do a nice thing for someone that does not expect it of you, and remember to have fun while you are doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment