Sunday, August 30, 2009

Day Two Hundred Forty Two...

Last night after I finished my post and dinner, Jody and I headed out for a quick dip in the pool. I cannot believe how chilly the water has become. Two nights of temperatures in the low 70's has already taken its toll on the water temperature. Anyway, after a brief time in the pool, we sat out on the patio for a while and watched the sen set, and watched the clouds go from apricot to pink to red in just a really brief time frame. I took a few photos, but the more brilliant the sunset became, the darker it was and the more difficult it was to capture the colors on camera. My friend Blake who lives in Lago Vista is the sunrise and sunset KING (whatever) and always posts amazing photos. My hat is off to him!

This morning it was very pleasant and we had turned off the air conditioners again yesterday and opened up the windows. They are still open as I write this. It is lovely to get the fresh air in the house. I made my usual Sunday morning egg loaf, and after that I went out and fed the cattle, and mended a few places in the fence that had been damaged by the big ol' bull Mr. Speckles. he does not realize his own strength, well, it really does not take a lot of strength to damage fences. Anyway, they are all fed and happy, and the fence is fixed, now all I need to do is get a fresh bale of hay to them and that will be it. Michael called last night and will be over with one of his tractors later on to get a bale of hay moved for me. It is nice to have neighbors that are always ready to help. We love it out here.

We are just about to get started getting started to get ready to go into Austin for brunch. We are meeting our friends Michael and Lynda, and that will be nice to sit for a while and just talk. And the food is expected to be very good at the Roaring Fork. We should be home around 3 or 4 and then it will be downhill from there. No real anything on the schedules, just relax until it is time to call it a night.

Well, as we were leaving for Austin, we got to the end of the driveway and I noticed that my tire pressure warning light was on. The last time that happened, I ignored it and ended up with a flat tire the next day, so instead of taking any chances, we took Jody's Highlander into town. Lunch (or brunch) was very nice, the restaurant was not crowded at all, and we sat outside where it was very pleasant. A nice breeze, a good view of Quarry Lake and wonderful company. We lingered for quite a while after we finished lunch and just talked about what was going on in the world. A very nice time and it was great to see our friends.

When we got home, Jody headed almost immediately for a nap, and I did a few things around the house, taking out garbage, etc. I also checked the air pressure in the car tires and found that both front tires were low in pressure. I hooked up the compressor and filled the tires up, and we will see tomorrow morning if they are holding up. I hate the nagging suspicion that the car tires may have either a slow leak or a nail or something in them. We shall see.

Nothing much going on for the rest of the evening, I suspect. I am wondering if I can find a books-on-CDs service kind of like NetFlix. I think that would be a good thing for while I am commuting every day on IH-35. Tomorrow should be a good day, I have a morning meeting at the Board of REALTORS and then kind of a busy afternoon. Tuesday is shaping up to be a busy day as well.

Okay, time for you all to think about doing a good deed for someone that does not expect it of you. AND see what you can do in some small way to make this world a better place for all of us. I know for one, I will really appreciate your effort. Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment