Tuesday, March 30, 2010

2010 - Day Eighty Nine...

Okay, a much better day was had by all. I am still in a little bit of a funk, but progress is being made. Tomorrow afternoon our friend Mike from Miami (okay, Del Ray Beach) will come and stay with us for about a week, and that is always an excellent occasion. Carrie and I went and purchased a conference table and eight chairs that was listed on CraigsList, and I must say we got a terrific bargain in that. It was originally bought for use in one of the models at the Nokonah Condominiums, the ground breaking condo complex in Austin. The Nokonah pretty much started the whole condo craze in Austin. I would expect that the table we are now using as a conference table (eight feet long) was a pretty pricey purchase back then, so we are delighted with our purchase.

On the way home, I stopped alongside the road about a mile from our house and took this photo of this field of wildflowers that kind of bloomed out overnight. They are really delicate little daisy like flowers, with three to six or seven blooms per stalk. Very pretty. Anytime I see a field of daisies or Sunflowers, I think about how they all look alike, but if you look closely, they are all very different. None of them are exactly alike. Fields of daisies like this also remind me of one of my most favorite films of all time 'Harold & Maude'. I have seen that movie at least a dozen times, and I never tire of it.

Things at the new office are coming together nicely, and I think we are all happy with the move, and it is going to be a very worthwhile effort on all of our parts. It is very good to see our agents (they used to office out of the 'annex') and it is just overall a better work environment. Here is a new twist...I have a new IP telephone at the house (can you tell from the photo which one is the regular home phone and which one is the IP phone on steroids?), and it is connected to the office via the Internet. I am just all amazed by technology...I can intercom folks in the office from home, so I can now REALLY work from home, and it will be just as if I am in the office. Making calls from home, and the folks I call will assume that I am calling from the office. That is what the read-out on the caller ID shows...company name and phone number. I am not 100% certain that it will work perfectly yet, since I am on a satellite Internet feed, but we shall see. Technology is making things better day by day, so I can not imagine what the next thing will be. AND this will be a great device for our agents that want to work out of their homes. No need for a second phone line just for business. The possibilities are endless.

Whatever...

Michael came and hauled away the hay that was baled after it had all dried out. Our cattle were not the least bit interested in it. We still have 14 bales of the good hay, so we are hoping to have a cutting before we run out. That should last us for about 3 and a half months, so we hope to get a cutting before then. I think Michael will be by later this week to apply weed killer and fertilizer, which is always a good thing. We cannot use the organic fertilizers here, it is just not effective. I know, I know...we do the best we can, but we cannot do everything. Some compromises have to be made. We make up for our shortcomings in other ways, and we can only do our best.

Okay, time for dinner. Jody will be calling me in a minute, so I need to anticipate that, and shut this down for tonight.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HIGH TECH PHONE STUFF, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment