Tuesday, September 21, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Sixty Four...

I am sure there will come a time in my life when I think this is just totally expected, but I still remain just a little bit startled when I look up from whatever it is I am doing while driving, and see the front end of a vehicle when I am supposed to be seeing the back end of a vehicle. It does get your attention. I was minding my own business on the afternoon drive home, and out of nowhere, there is this big blue truck bearing down on me. After that, I paid attention for another few miles before I settled back in to not really paying that much attention, and getting home without really thinking. I know we all do it, but I can go for miles and then realize I do not remember stopping for stop signs or traffic signals. I think we are all just kind of programmed to go on 'auto-steer' after a certain amount of time. Outline and discuss, and I will revisit the topic at another time.

Mostly in the office today, I did go out to the NARPM luncheon, and that was nice. Lots of good information to be shared by the membership.

Back in the office, my friend Chris came by to visit, and we had a nice talk. He had never been to the office before, and we all hope he will come back again soon.

More clouds on the horizon, but the prognosticators are not as generous this evening as they were yesterday. By this time yesterday, we had received a quarter-inch of rain, and I do not think we will get anything today. And the chances of rain for the rest of the week are diminishing. HOWEVER, there is another storm brewing and it may head for the Gulf, so there is always more chances of rain in the next week or so. The fields are looking really good, and the possibilities of another cutting of hay this year look excellent. The grasses all look very nice. In this photo, the middle set of trees on the horizon is where we live. We are pretty much surrounded by fields and cattle. Not too many goats in the immediate area, but there are some around.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SEMI-TRUCKS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment