Thursday, December 16, 2010

2010 - Day Three Hundred Fifty...

Another wonderful day in central Texas. It was nearly 60* this morning when I got up and started doing things...and the temperature had dropped a few degrees before I left. I noticed some interesting clouds on my way to work and the temperature rose and then it started to drop again. Interestingly, the 'cold' front was heading into town, and I was out-running it to Austin. BUT, by about 9 o'clock, it was here and the temperature was dropping like a rock. Right now it is about 55 degrees, but still a very nice day.

Today was our annual Holiday Appreciation luncheon at Green Pastures. We try to take a little bit of time each year to tell all the folks who made us successful throughout the year just how lucky we are that they are all in our lives. I don't think we stop often enough to thank those that are helpful to us, so we are happy to do it. I try to remember often that I am just about the luckiest person in the universe. REALLY. The photo above is a group shot, and if I may say so myself, it is a really handsome group. Lots of talent, knowledge and energy in this group. Thanks to all of them, and we are happily looking forward to another hundred or so years! This photo is of yours truly with a pair of FABULOUS sun glasses that I found in the restaurant. It really does not matter if anyone claims them, they are MINE now!

We did not even leave the restaurant until about 2:30, and yes, we were the stragglers. Several of our group had begun drifting out, and it left a die-hard group of about 8 of us, but it was a group of really good conversationalists and story-tellers. Most of us have known each other for a really long time, and there were plenty of stories to go around.

Tomorrow morning I am giving a two-hour seminar on public speaking (sort-of) to members of the Political Action Committee that are interested in joining the A-Team. The A-Team will make brief presentations to education groups, and will make longer presentations to real estate offices when asked. It will be a fun, brief and jam-packed meeting.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RED WINE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment