Monday, June 20, 2011

2011 - Day One Hundred Seventy One; Monday...

A better Monday than most comparatively speaking. A good day at the office, it is so much nicer going into Austin with reduced amounts of traffic on the Interstate. Minimal back-ups in the mornings, but the drive home is still kind of irksome and frustrating. There were some really lovely clouds in the sky this morning, and these looked as if you could almost touch them, they seemed to be very low in the sky. AND it actually spit 17 or 27 drops of rain on me somewhere in Round Rock this morning. I was darned impressed!

On the way home this afternoon, I stopped by the pool supply store to get parts for the Polaris that cleans the bottom of the pool, then Joe Mac and I tried our very best to assemble it. Finally got it all done. The guy at the pool supply said it takes him about 30 minutes to do the job, so I budgeted 2 hours, and we actually got every thing accomplished with a few minutes to spare. The Polaris is still not running correctly, so I think I will be stopping again at the pool supply tomorrow for yet another part. AND, I had the water tested, the chlorine level was too high, so I need to let the chlorine be for a while and try to get that back under control. Needs some muriatic acid introduced into the system though. I am an unwilling participant in the maintenance of the pool, but our maintenance person has decided to become undependable, so I will get it started and see how I do.

We all headed out to Georgetown this evening for dinner at the Monument Cafe. Very nice, but we did not even stop at Dairy Queen for dessert. I thought about it, but did not even mention it in my out loud voice. There is, however, always room for Dairy Queen.

When we got back, it was after 9 o'clock (and can you believe it, it is after 10 o'clock now and I am still conscious) and I went out to put the girls to bed and to check on the chicks. I gave the girls fresh water, and went inside to check the chicks. As I was doing that (Joe Mac was with me) I opened the door to the coop and Joe Mac said there was a snake on the floor (I had not seen it) and I jumped but I did not scream like a big giant girl. I must be getting better and being startled by snakes. ANYWAY, it took us about ten minutes to get the snake out of the coop and then out of the chicken pen. Everybody was getting more and more excited; Joe Mac, me AND the snake. BUT, all's well that ends well, and the last we saw of the snake, he (she/it?) was crawling under the barn to startle some other mammal or reptile.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SNAKES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment