Sunday, September 18, 2011

2011 - Day Two Hundred Sixty One; Sunday...

Well, I did not achieve my goal for today, mainly because my goal was to achieve (and accomplish) NOTHING. I usually try to set achievable goals for myself, but I knew I would fail at this particular goal, and I failed exceedingly well, although I would have been even a bigger failure if it had been cooler and I had been younger. Whatever!

Stayed in bed late this morning, and first thing I did was check the meters and feed the bees. Read the paper, drank coffee, and then it was out to feed the cattle and take them a fresh bale of hay. That done, I made a pile of eggs for me and Jody. No more egg loafs (or loaves), from now on, I am just making 'egg piles' or 'piles of eggs'. If you ever get a chance to see (or share) a pile of eggs, you will understand the logic behind the name.

After breakfast, it was time to change a washer in one of the hose bibbs. I researched it on the Internet, and even watched an informative eight minute video on how to change the washer. I really consider myself to be a pretty darned handy kind of person, but I have never changed a washer in any kind of plumbing stuff, so I was a little bit unsure. The instructions and video all stated that it was a 'simple' procedure, so I began. Prepared as I was, I went through every tool known to human-kind (except maybe one or two) and could still not get the thing to come apart as shown in the printed instructions and video. So, I took apart what I could, and headed off to the hardware store, where I decided to just replace the whole hose bibb thing ($6.49 plus Teflon tape) and call it a day. It works well now, no leaks, and life is good.

Once that was done, I started watering trees, and took a break so Jody and I could go to Georgetown and have a spoiler at Dairy Queen. When we returned, Jody went down for a nap, and I went out to clean the chicken coop(s). Today is the that the little girls become big girls. They are banned from their little sanctuary of the last three months or so, and tonight they sleep with the big girls. When I went out to put them to bed, one of the new chicks was roosting on the big girls roost, one was on the new little girls roost, and the other four small chicks were on the floor. It is a start. They will either cope and acclimate or not, it is their choice.

Yesterday we were assaulted with 107 drops of rain, and there is the possibility of more this evening, but we will believe it when we hear it. The clouds were nice tonight though, and there is a 40% chance of rain on Thursday. Keep your fingers crossed for us, we can use all the help we can get.

This week should be relatively calm and quiet. Keep your fingers crossed for that, too!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, ACCLIMATION, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment