Friday, June 5, 2015

2015 - Day 156/209 - Friday...

The recent rains continue to show their worth, and this is the first year in a long time that the trumpet vines out by the chicken cook have been this pretty. The humming birds love them, as they do the salvias and the other natives that are growing and blooming around the house. Now, having said that, I am not 100% sure that this vine is a native, but at least it does survive the cycle of drought/flood, and does not seem to be particularly damaged when it goes years without adequate moisture. I cannot say the same for the 30 or so trees we have lost in the last five or six years. It has been bad.

But I digress... That's right, that's what the man said, it's Friday. I had a great day today, tarted off with a presentation to our new members at the Austin Board of REALTORS®. I always enjoy speaking with them about the PAC, education, advocacy and the importance of becoming involved with the association. And then I am privileged to give them a 45 minute (or so) overview of the Code of Ethics. That is my favorite thing. I would expect that there were about 125 or more folks in the orientation this morning, and I think that is incredible.

I am on a deadline, because Shark Tank will be coming on in a few minutes, and even though it is (most likely) a rerun, it is the best we get on Friday night.

Deeds, Action, Changes, TRUMPET, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment