Monday, August 14, 2017

2017 - Day 226/139 - Monday...

The more things stay the same, the more things don't change. I just made that up, but it is true. It is hot. It has been hot. It is going to continue to be hot. One week ago we have four inches of rain on the edge of nowhere, and I had to start watering trees on Saturday, and watered the landscaping on Sunday. I will do more watering tomorrow morning, and more watering tomorrow night. I think I can reduce (a little bit) the amount of watering I have been doing, because I think things have settled in somewhat, but the ritual of the watering is ongoing. I really don't mind the watering, but it is occasionally the source of stress; stress because it has to be done, stress because my schedule requires me to be somewhere else or doing something else when I should be watering. BUT, thankfully, the stress is not a constant thing, and the result of the watering is pretty evident. This is a photo of some plumeria that Mike brought us from Florida back in the middle of June. Five out of the six cuttings are doing wonderfully well, now I just need to make sure I don't kill them this winter (LOL) when I underestimate the cold snaps we have that last six or eight hours. We had a BEAUTIFUL plumeria that we had been nurturing for several years, and we had forecast cold weather last year, and I took the plant and put it in the front barn, thinking it would be protected. Lesson learned. So, we are starting again, five assorted plumeria in one pot, various colors, and I hope next year we will see the results. I love the smell of plumeria, it reminds me of buttered popcorn. Lobster reminds me of buttered popcorn as well, so maybe it is the butter. I could probably get away with saying it reminds me of drawn butter. Deeds, Actions, Changes, PLUMERIA, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment