Saturday, February 17, 2018

2018 - Day 48/317 - Saturday...1833...

I was able to accomplish everything I set out to accomplish on this day, and less. Well, not really, I did get three or four things accomplished. I got the rollers and the springs on the garage door all DW-40d up, so it makes less noise than it did. That was the only thing on the list. I also set plants outside, watered them, messed with the chickens and the chicks a little bit, and looked at the barren wasteland that results when you have the rose bushes in the driveway circle trimmed back. It did afford us an opportunity to see some things that we had not visualized in a couple years, like the one egret in flight that has been buried in bushes for a while. We knew it was there, it was just hard to make out.

I just got back inside from putting the girls to bed, and for a moment, I felt like I was surrounded by coyotes. They seemed to be all around, the loudest (and it seemed like there were about a dozen of them) probably not more than a hundred yards behind the house, which meant they were about 150 yards away from me. I have often played out what I would do if I were ever confronted, and I usually have SOMETHING in my hands, usually a flashlight. I don't think I am in real danger of being confronted, but I do think about it.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, COYOTES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment