Thursday, July 26, 2018

2018 - Day 207/158 - Thursday...1571...

Sometimes it is more interesting to think about where you have been instead of where you are going. That was the case this morning. There was actually a wreck a few hundred feet north of where I get on the expressway heading south in the mornings. I guess our part of central Texas is getting more and more crowded, so the wrecks will happen further north. It is (I assume) inevitable. At any rate, the traffic was pretty light, so I could look in the rear view cam and enjoy the sunrise. I was indeed heading in early because I had an 8 o'clock appointment to get the car services. It was time for its' 12 month, 12,000 mile service. The only problem with that is, we've had the car for just short of seven months and there are 21,000 miles on it. AND they say I need a new set of tires already.

UGH...

But, all things considered, it was not a bad day. I was in the office most of the day, and my friend Bryan and I had lunch for the first time in YEARS. We have pencilled in another lunch 90 days (or so) from now. There is NO reason to wait so long before the next time we have lunch.

Oh yeah, the new shingle installation on the front barn began this afternoon. I expect the job will be finished tomorrow. No more leaks up there, and next will be a paint job.

HEAR THAT?

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SUNRISES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment