Sunday, February 16, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 47/319, 2020 - Sunday

Early this morning, I got Jody's truck started and took the girls for a ride. They had not been for a ride in a couple weeks, and I had the charger on the battery, so off we went. It was a leisurely ride down some of the back roads out here on the edge of nowhere, and the girls had their choice of windows to stick their heads out, and all was good. Along the way, I saw TWO (not one) of my favorite things in all the world. Derelict houses and spring flowers. I have craved this old abandoned house for the twelve years or so that we have lived out here, and I have always wanted to go inside, but never have. When I was a little kid growing up in Michigan, there was an old abandoned house on Sibley Road that I used to go inside of. It was still furnished and I imagine it had not been lived in for twenty or more years. That area had all been farm land at one time, and civilization started creeping up on it. I think most of the farm land had been sold off, but this parcel with the house was still there. I just liked going inside the house, and looking around. There was no vandalism involved on my part, that was something unheard of back then (I think). And, I still have a yearning to go inside old buildings, and if they happen to be abandoned, all the better.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great article with lots of informative resources. I appreciate your work this is really helpful for everyone. Check out our website Land Capability Assessment for Septic Tanks for more related info!

    ReplyDelete