Saturday, August 29, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 242/124, 2020 - Saturday

I think there is a whole family of these albino walking sticks living in this pot on the back patio. The only walking sticks I had previously seen were kind of a dark green color, so maybe this is not a walking stick (or a praying mantis). Who knows for sure? This photo was actually taken several weeks ago, and I forgot about it until tonight when I was watering, I saw another, smaller one in the pot. They don't seem to be inhibiting the growth of the plant, so there is no reason to mess with them, in my opinion. Leave well enough alone. Even though it was Saturday, I did put clothes on about noon, and shortly after I headed off to do some errands. First and foremost on the list was to get some peaches, and I was successful at doing that, so I feel somewhat accomplished. I may have set myself up to fail, but I am not sure these peaches are as good as the ones I bought at the same stand two weeks ago. I asked them if they were Fredericksburg peaches, and the said they bought them in Fredericksburg, but they are from Colorado. Hmmm. Anyway, they are good, and I will be eating and sharing peaches for the next week. I got a few other errands done as well, most notably a stop at Tractor Supply where I got some dog food and chicken treats, and then to HEB where I got more dog food and another supply of ice cream. I am making the most of this pandemic, in terms of having to actually dress only occasionally, and not being seen more than from the neck down. I will head back in to georgetown, just to pick up a few things that I did not think about today.

No comments:

Post a Comment