Friday, September 25, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 269/97, 2020 - Friday

We have two pear trees out next to the driveway, one is a year older than the other. The older pear has born fruit for at least the last two years, but as far as I am concerned, the fruit has not been edible. It is hard as a rock. The pears on the tree look lovely, but again, they are hard as a rock. Our neighbor took a bunch of the pears and canned them, and they brought me a jar, and they said they are delicious. I will give them a try one day this weekend. So, as I was eating dinner this evening, I (for some reason) started thinking about dispensing with one of the three refrigerators we have at this house. We have two refrigerators inside the house, one in the garage and a chest type freezer is also in the garage. At this stage in my life, even I think that is one refrigerator (at least) too many, so I am thinking about giving one of them away. I will let you know how that works out. I don't have any firm plans for the weekend, but I do know for sure that I need to go into Taylor and stop at the Taylor Feed store. I need advice on how to rid my chickens of mites. The fact that they have mites does not seem to bother them at all, they look like someone has been plucking their feathers, but it has not hampered their egg production, either. I think they are beginning to molt as well, and just seasonal stuff (I think) is causing their egg production to slow down. I also need some chicken feed and some flock blocks for them, and then I may wander somewhere else, just for the hell of it. The weekend plans are fluid at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment