Sunday, February 21, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 52/313, 2021 - Sunday

So, this old man is REALLY tired this evening. I started the day with a little this-and-that, and then went to brunch with Candy and Terry. After brunch, I headed to the farm. I cleared out three refrigerators and their accompanying freezers (I had already brought a lot of stuff to the Lazy House), and I cleared out the chest freezer, too. There had been intermittent power over the last week, so things MIGHT have thawed out and then froze again. Sorry, but I am not taking any chances. After that, I decided to cut some of the fallen branches off some of the trees, and at least clear the driveway and in front of the garage and pretty much clear the paths around the house. I can now get in the gate, and get the car close enough to the garage to pile more stuff inside it. The chicken coop was a total mess, but that got cleaned too. Jim and Kevin (the good neighbor and his nephew) stopped over, and I turned the water back on to the house, went up in the attic to make sure there were no leaks, and checked the water meter a dozen times to make sure there was no water running when there wasn't supposed to be. After that, I got ALL the clothes out of the closet and transferred all the clothes to the Lazy House. The only things left in the closet at the farm are shoes (there are LOTS of shoes), bed linens and a few miscellaneous items. SO, even though the last week messed up my 'one room a week' goal, I am feeling pretty good about what got accomplished. AND, I saw Barney. He survived, the chickens survived, I survived, lots of people survived. 

No comments:

Post a Comment