Thursday, July 15, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 196/169, 2021 - Thursday

If today is Thursday, tomorrow must be Friday! Today was an interesting day, it was the first day that I did nor feel an obligation to go to the farm. I won't be there tomorrow, either. I will be there over the weekend, doing some finishing stuff, and I expect that, by this time next Wednesday, I will no longer own the house, known recently as the Estate on the Edge of Nowhere. I am relatively confident that I will be able to fill the time that I gain, and I think Barney will continue to thrive under the care of Jim and Patsy. Today, I had a casual start to the day, and then headed in to the office. I got some work done, solved a few challenges, made a couple stops on the way home (Trader Joe's for potato chips), and got a Filet o' Fish combo at MacDonald's. The Filet o' Fish combo seems to be my latest weakness. I think I could have worse weaknesses. Cocaine and heroin come to mind. At one point, longhorn cattle were one of my addictions, and I got over that. I tend to take things in spells, so there is no telling what my next compulsion will be. I had the irrigation system at the Curious House appraised, and there were a few problems, but everything should be A-OK now. Tomorrow, there is a possibility that they will flip the switch on the solar system that I had installed, and maybe them I will be able to thumb my nose at Ercot. Maybe. In the meantime, I will have a relatively calm weekend, visit with a couple sets of neighbors for wine evenings, and brunch on Sunday. In my old age, I am doing my best to slow down, and it seems to be working!

No comments:

Post a Comment