Sunday, March 15, 2009

Day Seventy Four...

Another grey (or gray) start to the day. I stayed in bed until about 7 AM which is really odd for me, but I had really nothing to do, and it was still dark outside, so I just kept trying to sleep. I started that process at about 4 AM, and fought the urge to get out of bed until about 7. When I got up, I made coffee and putzed around the house for a while and finally went outside to get the newspaper, but it had not yet arrived. I came back inside, poured myself my coffee, and walked into the office...at which time I saw the newspaper being delivered. SO...I went back out and retrieved the paper, and came in a read for a while until Jody got up and started his morning ritual of feeding animals.

I did a little bit more prep for the class on Monday and Tuesday, and finally went and put on some clothes, and made the beds. We had not put the feed from yesterday in the feed barn so we had put the truck in the garage, just in case it rained overnight. Just as I was pulling the truck out of the garage it began to rain, so I put the truck back in the garage, and took the mule back to the tractor so I could put out a fresh bale of hay for the cattle. Nothing like fresh hay to get a cows curiosity aroused. But they weren't too interested in the hay, and especially Doodle Bug and Lady Bug, they were much more interested in looking at the tractor. It was almost as if they had never seen it before, and so they just looked at it while I got all the wrap off the hay.

Everywhere you look lately there are brush fires. One good rain, and everyone is burning crap while they have the chance. I do not know if they have lifted the burn bans or not, but there are brush fires everywhere. I think they figure they need to do it while they can, because there will just be a few days of sun, and everything will be dry again.

Jody and I went into Salado this morning just to see what was going on, and then we just took a nice long drive around the area on the way home. Nice to see what is around us. The cat has discovered some of the toys we bought her yesterday, and that kind of keeps her occupied. She has a lot of energy, and keeps wanting the dog to play with her, but he is really not into that.

We are going to head out to Panda Express for dinner tonight, I do not think I have ever eaten there, but maybe once, just not sure. We hope it is like Firebowl...what we actually hope is that they will open a Firebowl out here somewhere...that will be a sure sign that civilization is nearing.

So, practice random acts of kindness, and that will be its own reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment