Thursday, April 15, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Five...

Well, now, isn't that interesting? It has been a long time since I have favored you with one of these photos. Don't tell the weathermen/weatherwomen but it is raining outside. Usually a 20% chance is really just code for 'It's not going to rain again, EVER' but they were all outsmarted this time. So far, we (here at the farm) have had over a half-inch in the gauge, and it is still raining, off and on. So, now they are saying there is a good chance of rain tomorrow, a fair chance on Saturday, and a possibility on Sunday. That could put a real kink in all the plans that we have for the weekend, but we shall see. As usual, there were a lot of wrecks on the Interstate during my drive home, and lots of slow traffic. You would think it was snowing again, but no, it is only raining. No one has heard of slowing down, or not texting while they are driving. Whatever...

Just in case you were wondering, I was ready for snakes this morning when I went out to check the meters. Of course, no snake, and I expect there will be no shake until I let my guard down. Why does that always happen?

Today was a nice day, and I am kind of winding down towards the weekend. I am rally looking forward to it, since my weekend has really opened up for me. Cancelled appointments mean there are new opportunities, and I expect I will fill the voids with no problems. AND Sunday is the day for the bees to arrive, and that will be a lot of fun.

I was a little bit suspicious that we might have a new calf out in the pasture, so even though it is raining, I put on my boots (no pants, just boxers) and grabbed an umbrella and went to check things out. Everyone is accounted for, no extras, but I still think there are a couple pregnant heifers back there. Time will tell... That Mr. Speckles, you just can't trust him.

Tomorrow I have a meeting in the morning, and then the afternoon is pretty free. I have a long e-mail response to a client to compose and send, and other than that, all will be business as usual.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RAIN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment