Thursday, May 27, 2010

2010 - Day One Hundred Forty Seven...

Well...it seems I almost overlooked the gardenia bush blooming its heart out in the backyard. I have passed by it a couple times and noticed the blossoms, but it has not really been very fragrant this year. I was out early this morning checking on the pool, and thought I would take a photo for the journal entry. I LOVE GARDENIAS!

Today was supposed to be my Meals-on-Wheels day, but instead, I needed to attend a property inspection for my Buyer clients. Generally things went well with the inspection, but there are some nagging issues that need to be solved. These are issues that were addressed in the contract, but the issues are still not resolved. Everything will work out the way it is supposed to work out, I am just not certain how that is yet. We shall see.

On the way home this afternoon, I stopped at Home Depot and bought a new riding lawn mower. It will be delivered on Saturday, so I think there is lawn mowing in my future. Hopefully this one will run 'like a Deere' for many years to come. Also, I think tomorrow I will need to get a new battery for the Mule. I had the other battery on the charger for almost 48 hours, and it really does not want to start. It DID start, and I got the Mule moved and out of the way, but I do not think it is reliable. I do not want to get the Mule out somewhere loaded down with stuff, and then have it not start. It is all about the convenience factor!

Okay, not this photo is really kind of deceiving. After leaving Home Depot, I came very close to being in about a fifty-car pile-up on the Interstate. If this had happened in Austin, it would have been all over. It rained so hard, started so quickly that it took everyone by surprise. The windshield wipers COULD NOT KEEP UP with the rainfall, and you could not see five feet in front of your face. People could just not see. Cars were pulling over to the sides of the Interstate, and stopping under bridges. As quickly as it started it was over. Weird. And, so far we have not had a drop of rain here, and although there has been a few rumbles of thunder.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RAIN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment