Tuesday, July 27, 2010

2010 - Day Two Hundred Eight...

Rain! We got rain! Last night as I was laying in bed (about 8:30, just more proof that I am not young) I thought I heard it raining outside. I asked Jody if it was raining, and he said no. I waited for the commercial break (I was watching 'Big Bang Theory' and it was a really good repeat) and got up to go see for myself, and sure enough it was raining up a storm. It rained until about 9:45 and it was lovely. When I got up for morning chores, we had about 1.15 inches in the rain gauge, but our fancy-schmancy nuclear weather station reported we had 1.55 inches of rain, so I am going with that measurement. The fancy-schmancy always has a higher reading than the rain gauge with large print, so since we bought the fancy-schmancy, we may as well take advantage of it!

There is no way that the little digital camera I use for taking photographs can come even close to capturing the beauty of the clouds we have been fortunate enough to observe in the last several days. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Did I mention that the clouds have been really interesting and beautiful?

School is not even back in session yet, and two-days-in-a-row there have been traffic jams caused by accidents on the Interstate. I have been lulled into a false sense of security with the better-than-normal traffic flows lately, and I know it is just a matter of time before I am back to stopping on the Interstate on a daily basis. Whatever... This morning, the wreck was between a CapMetro bus and an 18-Wheeler. Not sure, but it was not a pretty sight. And the traffic on my side only slowed to a crawl so we could all gawk. Again, whatever...

Board of Directors meeting tomorrow morning, and then back to the office. We are all working towards the end of the month and the beginning of the next one. There does not seem to be much time in the middle, but we do the best we can.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CLOUDS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment