Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2011 - Day Eighteen; Tuesday...

So, we are back to this...even though I really enjoy the activities I participate in, sometimes the scheduling is just a little bit crazy. I am complaining now, but this is not really to be considered a complaint, it should be looked upon more as an explanation or just a re-hashing of a days events! I love my life, and I am the luckiest person in the world. Lather, Rinse, Repeat!

The day started out just as most other days. I got up, did my chores, had a piece of quiche for breakfast and headed to the office. I got to the office about 7:30 and did a little bit of power real-estate. Then it was off to my first appointment.

Our office was sponsoring a break for the new contracts class that was being held by a friend and colleague of mine, Gordon. There were about fifty folks in the class, and we were selling our property management services to them. These have proven to be really good opportunities, and we try to do one sponsorship per month. After that event, I stayed for a little bit longer, and gave a very brief presentation about TREPAC, and that is really timely since our Legislative Session for this biennium has just begun. There is just no telling what our sneaky Legislators might be cooking up, we just have to watch and see! This is a photo of me, Carrie, Pat and Chris from our office. Need any good REALTORS? Here is a whole flock of them!

It seems I am having technical difficulties with this journal post...I keep losing text, it is not saving properly, and I keep writing paragraph after paragraph, and I have to write it all again. That is not a happy thing.

Okay, the next thing was to go to a NARPM meeting in the new location, Balcones Country Club. BUT, first I needed to stop and complete an errand. SO, after the errand (was not completed successfully) I pressed my On-Star button for directions to this country club. I had a general idea where it was, but what the heck, I can use the On-Star feature. Works perfectly until you end up somewhere other than where you are supposed to be. But it did give me the opportunity to take a picture of this poor pale little Longhorn along the way. Why yes, there is always time to stop and take a photo of something interesting (or not) for this journal, why do you ask? Here is another interesting and little known fact...the more times I have to try and recreate this entry, the less scathing it becomes about the challenges I had getting to the country club. Good for everyone!

Next up was my MasterMind meeting, and I was in search of something sweet and interesting for a little snacky-poo. I got the great advice from Carrie that the trailer park across from the office sells 'cake-balls' and that is what I ended up with. There is a place in the trailer park (the kind with food trailers, not the kind I used to live in in Hattiesburg) called 'Holy Cacao' and they make cake balls, which it turns are cake balls (well, DUH) that are stuck on a pop-sicle stick, dipped in icing and then have nuts or sprinkles or other stuff added. Cool idea that encompasses two of my favorite things; cake and pop-sicles, what could be better. I have not tried one yet, but everyone that has says they are really good. Maybe later...but the MasterMind group was really a good meeting (we do it every two months) and it all turned out well.

Home now, did some business on the way home and a little bit more power real estate. Jody made a wonderful dinner, and I have just put the girls to bed. We only got two eggs from them today, but that is okay, no need for them to be all stressed out over laying eggs in the cooler weather. No reason for us all to be totally stressed about over-scheduling ourselves!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HOLY CACAO, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment