Monday, January 24, 2011

2011 - Day Twenty Four; Monday...

The evening news tonight says that sunset will be after 6PM tonight, and the sun is actually out right now, so we might actually get a chance to see it. This particular photograph (are they still called 'photographs' is they are digital images? Discuss among yourselves and report back to me.) was taken last night as we were sitting down for dinner. It was one of those things that, if you blinked, you missed it. It is really surprising how quickly beauty will escape us. Just another reminder that we need to stop and appreciate things as they come our way, don't wait!

I made it into the office at about the usual time, and I was playing a little bit of catch up from the weekend. Shortly after 8 o'clock, Carrie called and asked if I would go turn her computer on. We both do a lot of work from home, and we use 'GO TO MY PC' to access our office computers. Well, when I went into her office, this squirrel was checking things out, so I went to grab the camera. When we used to be in the other office suite, there was a squirrel that frequented the fence outside my window. He (whatever) would always let me know he was outside, and I would pay attention to him. He was not the least bit shy, and neither was this one. Interesting the things you see in urban settings; little bit different than things we see in the country. One interesting thing; we don't have squirrels out here, there are just not that many trees. Every now and then we will see two squirrels (only two) playing in the trees in the front of the property. Then they are gone, and we will see them again in a couple months.

There are a lot of things I am not as cool as; the mind actually boggles at that statement. Where shall I begin? Well, I went to Whole Foods on Lamar for lunch today, I was going to check out their charging station to see if it had been repaired or not and it was! Yippee! I was meeting Carrie for lunch there, we each needed to go separate ways after lunch. I walked in to the market for the first time in quite a while, and I realized just how 'un-cool' I am. There are lots of really cool people in Austin, and lots of really cool things going in the city, and I guess I forfeited a goodly portion of my coolness when we moved to the country. I think plugging my car in to charge while I am having lunch is 'somewhat cool' but I do not think it puts ME in the 'COOL' class of folks. That is okay with me, though, and I would not change it for money. I am REALLY COOL out in the country (I think).

Okay, almost done... When I got home this afternoon I went out to check on the new (again) mama cow and her calf. I am 99% certain that the new calf is a bull calf. There may be a small (I hope) continuing complication with the mama, but I am checking with my sources to see if I need to take any action or just keep watch and make sure things do not get any worse. This is a picture of the happy family; mama (Orchid) baby (Cool Breeze) and proud papa (Mr. Speckles.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SQUIRRELLY SQUIRRELS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment