Tuesday, April 19, 2011

2011 - Day One Hundred Nine; Tuesday...

It has been a long day. Well, I find most days to be long when I get up before 4 in the morning. Crazy, but I was kind of worried about Daphne which made me restless and did not enjoy a peaceful sleep. And of course, I worried about her most of the day and at one point considered turning the car around to go check on her. BUT, I devised a plan that, if she were feeling sickly (in my opinion) when I got home (late) this afternoon, I would work with her in the morning and do what had to be done. ANYWAY, once I got home, Jody and I went back there to check on her, and she was seemingly doing just fine, and the calf was nursing and all seemed fine. She still had the placenta attached but it was seemingly dry and not nearly as fierce looking as it was last night. TO make a long story short, she let me get close enough to her that I could grab the placenta and removed most of it with no issues. Just a little smidge of placenta protruding now, so I am less concerned, and I expect all will be well from here on out. This is a photo of Daphne this afternoon (pre-grabbing) and her two-day-old calf that is yet un-named, but I am kind of liking Oreo or Todd. He just kind of looks like he could respond to either one. We shall see.

While we were out there, one of last years calves (Sleepy Head), son of Doodle Bug (I think, it is kind of hard to keep up sometimes) was hanging out in the tank, and that is the first time I had seen any of them actually in the tank. I know they go down there, but I had never witnessed it. I like this photo.

Tomorrow should be more calm than today. Today was kind of a Monday-Squared.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CALVES IN THE TANK, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment