Monday, April 11, 2011

2011 - Day One Hundred One; Monday...

Another day of pitfalls and pick-me-ups! Remember, for every valley there is a peak.

We were really lucky and got about a third of an inch of rain last night. Jody got up in the middle of the night and closed a couple of the windows (we have the LOUDEST windows in the world) and I did not hear a thing. I woke up at one point, and Jody said we were in the second round of winds and rain, and I was totally oblivious to the first onset. Self-medication really works!

Pretty much a full day in the office, and there were a few challenges; but nothing that won't look less disastrous after a good nights sleep.

Once I got home this afternoon, I went out to take a look at the cattle; I think we should be having another calf or two in the not too distant future. The cattle are all happily ensconced in the other pasture with plenty of nice ripe green grass. they have not even touched the bale of hay that is out there with them, and with the rain last night, the other two pastures should make a nice and speedy recovery.

Here are a couple pictures I want to share with you. First, this is a photo of the bottle tree that Miguel and I got started yesterday. There is plenty of room for additional bottles, and as you can see, I only drink the cheap stuff. Here is a question for you; do you have any interesting bottles, particularly the cobalt blue ones? I am not opposed to buying wine based on the color of the bottle, but in my experience a bottle of wine in a blue bottle costs at least $7. Out of my league. So, just in case you need a new source of recycling... I would even consider a pick-up service, just let me know what you need.

The next photo is just kind of an oxymoron to me...a nice oriental carpet in the living room, a lovely needle point chair (that I am really partial to) and my work boots next to them. I just thought it was a humorous sight. If you really want to know what I thought, just ask me.

Tomorrow will be our Hill Visits. We expect about 2,000 REALTORS to descend on the Capitol, and we will be making the rounds of the Travis County delegations. There will be folks from all across the state, and this will be my first experience. I will be in charge of a team of REALTORS that will be visiting State Representative Donna Howard. A very nice woman; I have met her a few times, and she is just delightful.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BOOTS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment