Thursday, December 22, 2011

2011 - Day Three Hundred Fifty Six; Thursday...

I am just wishing my life away. All week long it seemed to me like it should have been later in the week than it really was. Today still seems like Friday, even though I am fully aware that it is only (and has been all day) Thursday.

Okay, just to be pishy, every one is talking about this being the shortest day of the year; well, I think all the days are pretty much equal, but today may be the day of the year with the least amount of daylight (for us). Other than those that live 'equatorially' there are solstices that cause more and/or less day light depending on the time of year. BUT, most days are pretty much the same length as the next one, or the one before. As I said, I am just trying to be argumentative here, for really no good reason at all, except that I can be. AND that fact has no real correlation with the kind of day I had one way or another. I'm just sayin...

Today was also (like) the second day this week that I made it home before dark. Looking back to the pasture, I noticed that one of the gates was open. Not a customary event AT ALL. So, I went back there, took an inventory of the cattle (all accounted for) and closed the gate and latched it. I guess I left it open on Sunday but that is not something I take very casually. There were no fresh tracks of any kind, so it must have been me. This is a photo of the three newest calves, all looking cute as bugs, and all happy to play and run and jump. FUN!

I hope to take half of the day off tomorrow. I plan to go in in the morning, and leave about 11 or 11:30. Then, believe it or not, I am off to CostCo and then maybe a little more shopping before I make it home. Should be fun. I am storing up patience.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, OPEN GATES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment