Sunday, April 8, 2012

2012 - Day 099/267 - Easter Sunday...

I hope you all enjoyed your Easter Sunday.

I got an incredible amount of work done today, and Miguel rang the doorbell at about 9 o'clock this morning, so even more stuff got done.

Personally, I got the stakes from around the fruit trees (last years additions) taken up and trimmed the grass around them. It looks much better. I also cleaned the ash out of the wood stove and cleaned the chicken coop. Not one of my favorite chores, but it needs to be done now and again. I also got a lot of broken pottery (the former owners used it as flower bed borders) taken up and replaced with rock borders.

AND even with all that stuff done, I still managed to take a break and go into Georgetown for a spoiler. The Blizzard of the Month at Dairy Queen is some kind of Carmel Pie, and Jody tried it and declared it to be very good. I am not the adventurous type, so I stuck with my Oreo Cookie Blizzard.

Here is another Iris that is blooming out. I absolutely love this one. And I am also pretty fond of a burnt orange one that has not yet shown itself this year. It is really a pretty one, and the favorite of many of our Longhorn friends.

I think I want to but a few more fruit trees for the back yard. The apple two apple trees we bought last year are not doing as well as the two peach trees and the plum tree. I need to take a look around and see what I can find, and get them in the ground before too much longer. I am really happy with the grape vines though. I just need to figure out how to keep all the wildlife from getting the grapes before the homo-sapien wildlife gets to them.

Time (almost) turn call it a day. I will be teaching for two days this week, so that means a busy two days this week.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FRUIT TREES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment