Sunday, August 5, 2012

2012 - Day 218/168 - Sunday...

It just goes to show you that, if you hang around long enough, you can adapt to just about anything.  These little wildflowers are growing alongside the road in front of our house.  There is no water, no dirt worth mentioning, nothing to nurture them at all, and yet they are thriving.  Jody and I were talking about, not that long ago, air conditioning was a novelty.  We have certainly adapted to that.  I doubt I could go very long in the Texas heat without conditioned air.  I also expect though, that if push came to shove, I could do a lot more than I expect I could, although I would be pouting about it the whole way.  I can remember in 1968 (the year before I graduated from High School) we got a window unit air conditioner.  Before that, we just lived with it.  Granted, we lived in Michigan, but it got warm in the summers.  Nothing like this though.

I slept comfortably last night, which I think is pretty amazing because I slept most of the day on Saturday.  I made a pile of eggs again this morning, then I went out and cut grass in the front yard (some of it) and some of the backyard as well.  Miguel came out and moved all the hay bales into the near pasture.  NOW if we could get a little bit of rain, maybe we could get another cutting.  It does not look as if the storm in the Gulf is going to come our way and give us any rain.  BUT, if I manage things correctly, I should actually have enough hay to last eight or nine months.  ESPECIALLY if I have some work done in the pastures where the cattle graze.  I would really like them to have more green than hay.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HAY BALES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment