Tuesday, December 11, 2012

2012 - Day 346/20 - Tuesday...

Well, to begin, if you have not been outside in the last several minutes, and it is still dark where ever you are, you need to go outside NOW and LOOK UP.  It is a beautiful and sparklingly clear winters night, and the stars are absolutely magnificent.  My fingers are very heavy and I am not sure how long I will be able to type, but you really should venture out (after bundling up first since it is nipply out) and appreciate the stars in the heavens.  It will inspire you.

SECOND:  I am embarrassed that the video I had intended to share with you will give you a crick in your neck.  I thought I would be able to 'rotate' the video, but I guess I am not smart enough to do that.  The subject of this video is the little band (2 persons - horn, guitar, clarinet - and sometimes a third on the flute) that entertained at our Holiday Party tonight in our office.  It was really a tremendous event, and the folks that were there were feeling sorry for the ones that failed to show up.  Next year will be better and by then the doors will be breaking down with people wanting to be invited.  ANYWAY, the musicians were of an excellent caliper and were enjoyed by all the attendees (except for the ones that were not there.  I hope this brief video of the event will give you a little taste of the ambiance without causing you too much of a cricky neck.

I was also presented with a very fine and precious gift by my good friend Steve, but I fear the photo quality of the gift will not be equal to the magnificence of it, and I do not necessarily  want to spoil it.  Perhaps I will wait until tomorrow to present it to you and give the excitement a proper amount of build up, because it it absolutely fabulous.  It has to do with our heritage and sacrificing for the greater cause, something that is near and dear to me, Needless to say, it includes words and phrases like "I shall never surrender or retreat".  "I am determined to sustain myself for as long as possible and die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor and that of his country - Victory or Death".  Tune in tomorrow for the photo representation and the full transcription of the document.

Sorry about the fat fingers, but I am doing better than usual.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, NEVER SURRENDER, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment