Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2012 - Day 8/357 - Tuesday...

It rained a very little bit overnight, we got ourselves 0.07" of rain, but it has dribbled and drabbed pretty much throughout the day.  When I came home this afternoon, there was about another half-inch in the gauge.  They (and you know who THEY are) and adjusting their forecasts DOWNWARD and are now saying we could get three or four inches of rain (total) between now and tomorrow afternoon.  It had better hurry up because it is NOT RAINING right now.

I had an early morning meeting this morning, the Home Builder's forecast, and as usual, things are looking pretty rosy for Austin and the surrounding areas.  I had complimentary valet parking for the event, and one of the Hotel Staff gave me my ticket.  After the function, she saw me in the lobby and told me the valets were all backed up, would I like her to have my car brought around.  I knew the valets would be backed up, that was why I was stalling in the lobby, but I kept my conversations going, and when I walked outside, there was the car, and off I went.  Is that what Downton Abbey was/is like?  I like it!

SO, I have to share this with you, even though this is a family Internet Journal.  I am pretty much addicted to the trivia books you read in the bathroom.  Addicted to that and Big Brother, sugar free popsicles, volunteering and over-scheduling myself, just to name a few.  And that does not even begin to talk about the OCD challenges.  BUT, I digress...

This particular set of articles was grouped under the heading News Corrections, and it's about what you might find in the "Corrections" box of a newspaper, magazine or church bulletin.  And I quote "The 'Greek Special' is a huge 18-inch pizza, and not a huge 18-inch penis, as described in an ad.  Blondie's Pizza would like to apologize for any confusion Friday's ad may have caused."  --The Daily Californian

There is no possibility of further comment on my part, I just laugh and laugh every time I read (or think about) that.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, PIZZAS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment