Sunday, October 6, 2013

2013 - Day 279/86 - Sunday...

Last night when I was putting the girls to bed, two of them REFUSED to go to bed.  I tried herding them into the pen (and then to the coop) but they would have none of it.  I thought there might be something going on in the coop that was scaring them, but all the other girls were in there with no obvious concerns.  I waited about twenty minutes and went back out there, and they were all hunkered up together against the wall of the front barn.  In the dark you can pretty much do anything to a chicken, so I picked them up and punt them in their pens, and they walked right into the coop.  I have no idea what the challenge was, but I hope there is not a repeat of it tonight.

Today went exactly as planned, if a day can go EXACTLY as planned.  You should all know that the sage are a (in my opinion) a much better prognosticator of rain than are the paid prognosticators.  In all honesty, I will mark this one down as a tie, because the news last night showed a chance of rain to hit us at 3 AM, and at EXACTLY that time we were having a little thunderstorm.  I would have slept through it except the Boy Dog does not EVER sleep through the slightest bit of thunder and/or lightning.  Jody and I are both tuned in to his toe nails hitting the laminate floors, so whenever he starts to wander and whimper we don't know what the challenge is.  Could be projectile poop.  Could be involuntary urination.  Could be thunder.  It is best to err on the side of caution.

Anyway, I got chores done, and some office work done as well.  Pavlov's cattle were waiting in the feed lot for their weekly feed and a fresh bale of hay.  I have kept them out of the far back pasture, and the grass has been growing pretty nicely back there.  I think I will open that pasture up to them next weekend.

I got a LITTLE bit of grass cut, got the chicken coop cleaned out, took a nap (or tried to).  Jody and I went into Schwertner for the annual bar-b-cue, and got it to go, so that is what we will have for dinner one night this week.  We made it into Georgetown and I ran a couple errands.  Bought a couple sports coats and a couple pairs of slacks, went to Catfish Parlour for dinner, filled the car up at HEB and got sodas and ice cream for the upcoming week.

Like a good Boy Scout (is there some sort of copyright on those words that I am obviously violating?), I am prepared.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, PREPARATION, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment