Saturday, October 19, 2013

2013 - Day 291/74 - Friday...

Today was a really most excellent day, but I am going to cut to the chase and talk about my two new BFF's, Lea and Chris.  But, I have to give you the lead up first...

Carrie and I left the Hotel on the way to the airport about 2:45 and it was a really quick trip to the airport.  We went through security (for once I did not get pulled aside) and made it to the gate about 2 hours before out flight was scheduled.  There were lots of interesting things happening in the airport, but this entry is about my two new BFF's.

The flight was (allegedly) running 15 minutes late, but by the time we taxied out, we were more than 35 minutes late, but that still would give us time to make our connection in Phoenix.

We got to Phoenix and had 3 minutes to get to our connecting flight, but luckily it was just across the terminal, a couple hundred feet away.  We got to the gate and the folks there said we had plenty of time, they were waiting on a couple other flights, and there were 40 empty seats on the plane.  They said I could go get some sandwiches across the way and so I did.  When I got back to the gate, they said I had time to go pee as well, and so I did.  NOTE TO LEA:  I washed my hands before I offered you a jelly bean!

Carrie and I both got on the plane and there was not an aisle seat to be had.  A lovely lady named Kelly (or maybe Kelli) offered Carrie her aisle seat and I was totally jealous.  So then there was the lotto for me to decide WHICH people I wanted to sit between on a two hour flight home to Austin. 

AND THE WINNERS WERE:  Chris and Lea.  The deal was cinched when I announced that I had drink coupons and they both welcomed me with open arms.  We had a BLAST the whole way back to Austin, and we talked about a veritable plethora of topics (don't forget to vote in November).  Lea has only lived in Austin for about five months, and Chris and his family live in Cedar Park.  Chris has lived here his entire life except for a four year stint in Seattle.  And Chris is taking his lovely bride to San Antonio tomorrow to see Michael Buble.  Pretty darned cool if you ask me.  Don't ask Lea, she knows nothing except Back Street Boys!

Anyway, it was a great flight, and I hope I run into these two again sometime, but what are the odds.

What is the difference between stowage and storage, and why would you want to STOW a magazine on an airplane?  Lea just wants to know.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BFF'S, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment