Sunday, May 24, 2015

2015 - Day 144/221 - Sunday...

The girl dogs training of her adopters continues. She has trained Jody how to take her for daily car rides, the next thing is to train me to ride in the backseat, so she can sit in the front seat. I think she will have another go at that tomorrow. But today, she deferred to the back seat and made the most of it. I think she enjoyed it.

I'd like What are the stupidest questions in the World for $400 please Alec. The answer is: YES! What is "Is it too wet to cut the grass?" Correct! I was hoping for a daily double! But, I did venture forth and cut (at) some grass in the front, in the back, and in the girl dogs' yard. The actual cutting of grass was not as successful as the overall mashing down of grass into the mud by the tires on the lawn tractor. I deferred in cutting the grass close to the house, thinking maybe it will not rain again until tomorrow afternoon, and I will give it another whirl tomorrow morning.

We may break our streak if we do not get any rain between now and 7 in the morning. We have had measurable rain for 18 of the last 19 days, and Lake Travis is over half full now, the first time that has happened since 2012. Hays County (about 70 miles south of the edge of nowhere) was devastated with flooding, lots of property damaged, not sure of how many deaths and injuries, but it is pretty bad. Let's hope for more rain but no more damage or injury.  It rained so hard here last night it woke me up, and I got up to see if there was water coming in the front door. That is the only door in the house that does not have a ledge at the threshold, but everything was okay. I would have expected more than the 1.96" of rain that we recorded, but that was what we got.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, WET, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment