Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 22/344, 2020 - Wednesday

As of my last flight of 2019, I decided there would be no more pictures in the cockpits of planes. I was tired of it, and it had become tiresome. Yesterday and today were my first flights of 2020, and I have not yet decided what my new schtick is going to be. I liked yesterdays picture of me and Christine, but nothing really caught my fancy for today. So, you are stuck with this.

Ralph and Edna were both patients in a mental hospital. One day while walking past the hospital swimming pool, Ralph suddenly jumped into the deep end of the pool and immediately sank to the bottom of the pool and stayed there. Edna promptly jumped in to save hih. She swam to the bottom and pulled him out. When the Head Nurse became aware of Edna's heroic act, she now considered her to be mentally stable and ordered her to be discharged from the hospital. "Edna, I have good news and bad news," she said. "The good news is you're being discharged, since you were able to rationally respond to a crisis by jumping in and saving the life of the person you love. The bad news is, Ralph hung himself in the bathroom with his bathrobe belt, right after you saved him. I am so sorry, but Ralph is dead." "But you're wrong," Edna replied. "I put him there to dry. How soon can I go home?"

No comments:

Post a Comment