Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 119/247, 2020 - Tuesday

Tuesday? It just turned in to something like Monday. I went in to Austin late this morning, and got some real estate stuff done. I got home in time for a two o'clock zoom meeting, and then I went up to check the mail. Nothing very exciting in the mail, but the bar stools that I had ordered from Wayfair had been delivered. I ordered charcoal upholstered barstools, and the boxes (two) said 'black.' Well, damn. I waited until after I ate and watched the news before I opened up one of the boxes, and they were indeed charcoal, and that was good. I put them both together in less than twenty minutes, and I like them very much. I took the one barstool that we have had for years, and took it to the 'storage room,' also known as Mikey's bedroom. When I went into the bedroom, I heard what I thought was a gurgling noise. Ugh. It wasn't like a noise from an air conditioner, it was just a gurgling noise. I went further into the bedroom, and when I opened the door to the bathroom vanity area, water started coming up from under the laminate flooring. Ugh. I thought I had a water leak somewhere, and I had searched everywhere inside the house and checked all the hose bibs outside. I convinced myself it had to be a leak somewhere in one of the pastures, and I just thought I would find it in a day or two. This puts a whole new spin on the problem, and to be honest, I do not know who to call first. I think the leak is either in the plumbing that goes to the Jack and Jill bath tub/shower, or at the hose bib outside the bedroom in the dog yards. I know I will eventually have to get the insurance company involved, and I guess I will need to call a plumber first thing in the morning. Worst case is that this causes a mold issue, which I cannot even contemplate at this minute. Oh, today's picture...look what I found in the garage the other day. I forgot I had these, I was supposed to be using them when I cut the grass, but they were not really convenient. Now I can repurpose them for something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment