Friday, May 27, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 147/218, 2022 - Friday

There are Little Free Libraries in all 50 states, 91 countries and on every continent except Antarctica. Todd H. Bol built the first Little Free Library in 2009, as a tribute to his mother who had passed away. Today, people everywhere (except Antarctica) have used Little Free Libraries to remember loved ones or people special in their lives. Some of us in the Friends Book Club listen to the book of the month via Audible, some use their Kindle or another electronic device, and some buy the book on line or check it out from the local library. I have a little bit of admiration for those that buy the books, but then decide to recycle them to the Little Free Library close to the pocket park in the neighborhood. Last months book is still there, but I think it will eventually be adopted. I worked from home today; my planned 8:30 zoom was cancelled, but there was another starting at 11 and going through 1:30. That one even ended a little bit early. I got my hair(s) cut at 2:30, stopped at Subway (I had a gift card) and HEB (I only spent $13 and change) and then I was home. I had ordered a couple bar stools on-line, and they were there when I got home. I had perfectly good bar stools when I moved in to the Curious House, but when Dan and Nancy moved, I bought theirs that they had only had for two or three weeks. I gave my others away. It did not take long for me to figure out I did not like the recently purchased ones (they were leather and I continually slid off them), and I am much happier with the ones that were delivered today. Even though I had to put them together. I also discovered that bar stools come in varying seat heights, so I ordered a seat height that does not make me feel like I am sitting at the kiddie table. Tomorrow will be another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment