Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 215/150, 2022 - Wednesday

Per Texas State Capitol facts, more than 1,000 people were involved in the construction of the Capitol. Spread across 360,000 square feet with 400 rooms and 900 windows, the height of the Texas State Capitol is 302 feet that makes it the tallest State Capitol building in the United States. I have always been told that it was purposely built to be 4 or 5 feet taller than the US Capitol, but that was not included in the facts for this entry. As I reported yesterday, during my all day meeting, I had to log-on to a zoom meeting. I was given access to an office, and this was the view outside the office window. Say what you will about Texas (go ahead, say what you will), there is no getting around the fact that the Capitol is a beautiful piece of architecture. I always really like going in to the building. Today was a good day, started off with a nice walk. I got in to the office about 9:30, and it was a pretty busy day. It is the first of the month, so we, as property managers are busy with rents, move-ins and move-outs. Never a dull moment. Tomorrow, being Thursday, means we will have lunch from Sandy's, and that is always a good thing. If you are ever in the downtown Austin area, you should give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment