Sunday, May 24, 2009

Day One Hundred Forty Four...

Okay, so there have been a gross of days gone by the way side so far this year. Well over a third of the year is gone, and the days seem to be going faster and faster. I am of that age!

Today was a really good day, in a weird kind of way. I stayed in bed late again this morning, and made it another slow start kind of morning. I putzed around on the computer for a while, then went out to get the morning paper. Had coffee, and was beginning to read the paper, and by that time Jody came out and fed the dog and cat, and we pretty much finished the paper. I made us one of my 'famous egg-loafs' for breakfast, and it was very good and really filling, especially with the two English muffins that I had to go along with mine.

We were expecting our friends Chad and Richard to arrive about 10 AM, and we were going to have a grass cutting party...Chad on the riding lawn mower, Richard on the tractor using the shredder, and me with the regular gas powered lawn mower doing the detail work. I got a pot of native daisies planted, and set two mouse traps inside the house (because we have mice, that's why) and then I got distracted pulling weeds, and that is really easy to do here. If you have a weed pulling fetish, just let me know and we can put you down for some weed pulling time! Anyway, while I was pulling weeds, Jody decided he needed to go to the store, and I was still pulling weeds. Jody was not gone 20 minutes before it started raining again. I called Chad and Richard and let them know there may not be much grass cutting today, but we all decided it would be a nice visit anyway.

When Chad and Richard arrived, it was raining, and it kept raining. Don't get me wrong, we love getting the rain. Interestingly, it almost ALWAYS rains on Memorial Day Weekend in the Austin area. One of the biggest (and deadliest) floods in Austin's history occurred over a Memorial Day weekend, I think it was in about 1979 or 1980, somewhere around that time. Anyway, we ended up having lunch (leftover bar-b-que from the party) and it was DELICIOUS. Chad and Richard left about 2 PM, and Jody and I both went to take a nap for about an hour.

When we got up, we decided to open the boxes that I brought in from storage yesterday, and get the stuff priced so we can take it in to the resale shop tomorrow. That has worked out a lot better for us than trying to price it while we are in the store...that does not work AT ALL. So, we have LOTS of stuff to take in tomorrow, and that should do it for a while. We shall see.

We are still expecting more rain this evening, and there are dark clouds off in the north. The local weather forecast showed a good line of rain coming our way, and I hope it gets here. In the meantime, I don't know how or why, but there is a tree limb over the driveway that is going to have to come down tomorrow. Probably by tomorrow, it will be blocking the driveway, and we may have to cut it down in order to get the cars out of the driveway. We shall see how that goes.

Have a wonderful rest of the Holiday weekend. I took American and Texas flags around to our neighbors (the Bartlett Triangle) and only one set of neighbors were home. I left a card so they will know who left them. Try to get your good deeds done and it will come back to you many, many times over. HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment