Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day One Hundred Thirty Four...

All things considered, this is expected to be a pretty good day. The morning should be pretty full, but the afternoon is somewhat open! Yippee!

So far, my predictions for the day have been pretty darn accurate. We had a great office meeting this morning, and Meals-on-Wheels was good. I had lunch with my friend Bryan, and that is always a pleasure. We have not had a chance to sit and talk in such a long time, and I really miss hanging out with him. We both used to have 'needs' to do some retail therapy, and we could always count on the other to go on a shopping excursion. That was always fun.

I have also done a couple Ombudsman cases today, and those are always interesting, as well.

Jody reports that the wind turbines are going to town, and that is a good thing. I am heading home shortly, I have to feed cattle, and we are heading to Chipotle for dinner tonight.

All things considered, everything is fine. Jody and I went into Georgetown, ran an errand or two, stopped at Tractor Supply and bought two c-clamps (you don't want to know), and then had dinner at Chipotle. We came home the long, leisurely way, not in any hurry. Once we got home, Jody fixed himself a cup of coffee, and I had a couple of sugar-free popsicles (my favorite kind). Then we both jumped into the pool and just talked for a while. Eventually, I remembered the dog had been out on the patio with us, and he was no where to be seen. SO, that was a traumatic bit of an event, and he was not really far, he was over in the neighbors pasture (eating I do not know what, and really do not care to even think about it). The only issue is, once he gets over there, he forgets how he got there, and we have to find a place to get him through the barbed wire. Not a happy thing, and as far as I am concerned, he is on the fast track to losing his priveleges. This is not the first time he has wandered off (I know it is mostly our fault) BUT that could explain how he ended up in the shelter in the first place. DUH!

Okay, take a deep breath (me). It is all okay. How are you doing on the good deed thing? I am sure you are racking up lots of points, so I am glad of that. Remember, it does not hurt to do something nice for someone, or to be kind to someone, or even to just say 'thank you' to someone for doing you a kindness. It can't hurt, can it? Oh, and don't forget to have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment