Friday, July 3, 2009

Day One Hundred Eighty Four...

Okay it is beginning to look a lot like the Fourth of July! Except, some people are sort of having a Holiday and I am in the office working. The good thing is, no one is around, and I can do some power real estate! I like that very much!

I had the possibility of a working with a couple clients today, and for one reason or another, it is not working out. SO, I am working with both sets of clients tomorrow, THE FOURTH OF JULY, beginning at 10 AM, and hopefully I will be done by 1 PM, and I will then go home and have a Holiday and continue it on through Sunday. You know, you gotta do what you gotta do! See: Make Hay While the Sun Shines!

This morning was very nice, I got a late start into Austin, and I actually stayed in bed until 5:45 AM. We were working on a pretty nice sunrise, and before I got ready to go into Austin I moved all the geraniums from around the pool to the front porch. As I have mentioned before, we are really going to have to re-think our plantings around the house and do more for water conservation. The geraniums around the pool area were absolutely BAKING IN THE SUN, so we have moved them to the front porch that is covered. They will still get bright sun, just hopefully we will not have geranium muffins!

On my way home from Austin, I did a few errands; got gas, stopped at the bank and stopped at Tractor Supply. As I was getting back on the Interstate in Georgetown, I realized I needed to pay the July rent for the resale shop, but I decided to go on home, and see if Jody wanted to go back with me later in the afternoon. Once I got home, Jody had a surprise for me in the fruti bowl...more chocolate covered donuts! He needs to read this diary more often! I think we have enough donuts to last us for a while!

The nuclear weather stations is reporting the temperature to be a balmy 99 degrees right now, cooler than it has been in days, but I have no fear that we will break the century mark. It will happen, just give it time. HOpefully it will be an early night tonight, I think a nice dip in the pool will be in order. We are experiencing a nice southerly breeze, too, better than we have in days. The flags are totally unfurled on the pole (see tomorrow's entry for photographic proof) and the wind turbines are out there spinning their little hearts out. Life is good in central Texas.

Be kind to someone who is in need of a kind deed. Share your cool cantoloupe with them, or maybe you could even buy them an ice cream cone. You will be surprised how much better it will make you both feel. Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment