Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day One Hundred Ninety...

Well, if it's figs you want, figs we got! I gathered up a bunch o' figs this morning before I left for the office, and we will now wait and see if Carrie and/or Margaret do anything with them. Fig Newtons, Fig Preserves, Fig Jelly...I cannot really think of too many more things you can do with Figs, but my friend Greg P had some suggestions, and maybe I will need to check for other recipes. The fig stock is not yet on the wane...plenty o' figs!

Today was spent doing a lot of office stuff, AND planning for and making reservations for the fall meeting and convention circuit. In September (in Dallas) the Texas Association of Realtors will hold its' meeting, and the classes look pretty darn interesting. Then in October the National Association of Residential Property Managers will hold their meeting in Orlando, and that looks like a really good roster of classes and information. Then, in November, the National Association of Realtors will have their meeting in San Diego. I went to my first NAR meeting last year, and I really did learn a lot of good stuff, so I am back again. It looks like it will be a busy fall.

I had six clients on my Meals-on-Wheels route today, and that is always a good thing for me to do. I really do like doing it, and it is a very worth while thing. One of my clients has been missing (and you never know what happens to them) but she was back today, she has only one kidney, and she had been hospitalized, but she is doing better. It was REALLY HOT, and it is still REALLY HOT, but it is okay...just going from air conditioned space to sir conditioned space is not too terrible, but it is a really good way to get a summer cold, and I really will be trying to avoid that. It is SO humid outside though, it is just down right uncomfortable to be outside!

At least there is a breeze blowing from the south, so that is something good. I can see the flags fully extended from the home office, and they are beautiful to see. I really do love seeing a flag, and so that was a great gift from Jody.

Pretty much done for the day...we will have a little bit of dinner and then go out and jump in the pool. We do not have enough ice cubes to put in the pool, but it is a pleasant thing to get in and out of...but once you dry off, you need to get in again and start the process all over.

Do a good deed for someone who could use one...it is okay for you to do a good deed for yourself as well. It need not be something really big, just start out small, and work your way up! Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment