Monday, November 30, 2009

Day Three Hundred Thirty Four...

Never let it be said that I am a procrastinator. That may be one of the only things that cannot be said about me, but that is another story. No, not a procrastinator, not me. I am announcing now, that I have already made my New Years Resolution, and I am just about thirty or so days ahead of schedule. AND, I have already been practicing my new resolution. I RESOLVE TO USE MY TURN SIGNALS WHEN I AM CHANGING LANES OF MAKING A TURN. There, I have said it, it is now public knowledge. So, I have been trying it out today, and I have to admit, it is not that difficult. I also have to admit, that at least once or twice today, I have made a lane change AND THEN turned by signal indicator on...but at least I am trying. Better late than never. Now, maybe if I can get just a few hundred thousand more to do the same thing, we can avoid a few of these traffic jams like the one I experienced on the drive home this evening. You never know, it could happen... AND if that works, I may make some other sort of resolution for something else even more out of the ordinary. We shall see...

Today was a pretty good day, I got to the office at about 7 o'clock, and had the place to myself til almost 9. Then, since it was the last day of the month, I had security deposit refunds to process, end of the month payables to process, and general kinds of office stuff that has been hanging around since last week (before the long weekend). Got one lease application approved, working on a couple more, and that got me through lunch and into the early afternoon. I had a closing at 3 o'clock and got back to the office at about 4 (by way of the post office to make sure the security deposit refunds were postmarked today). I left the office at about 4:40, and the photo above is what I encountered even before I had made it 7 miles or so. BUT, tomorrow will be a better day!

One of the nice things about living in the country is, when I am stuck in traffic or involved with some other minor inconvenience, I always know that I am heading for a calm and quiet place. There was beautiful color as the sun was setting this afternoon, and I stopped to take a photo of that, to kind of counterbalance the traffic congestion that about an hour before was commanding my entire attention. How pitiful that was of me!

ANYWAY, as I said, tomorrow will be a better day, and I remind myself that I am the luckiest man in the world, and the happiest, too!

Deeds, Actions, Thoughts, Changes, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas and FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment