Friday, February 17, 2012

2012 - Day 048/318 - FRIDAY!!!

It is indeed Friday, and this is my little HAPPY DANCE. It has been a long week, and even though a week ago I was sailing on a cruise ship back towards Galveston, it seems like it was a year ago.

It has been a rainy day again today. It was rainy when I got up this morning, and it has been pretty much a drizzly day all day long. I am trying to get a fire going in the stove. It will light eventually. If I dropped a cigarette on the floor, the whole freaking house would incinerate in a matter of minutes. As it is, I have dry wood, fat wood (special from LL Bean) and a freaking acetylene torch and I cannot get the first to stay lighted. Oh the inhumanity of it all...

I had a good day today, and come to think of it, almost every one of my days is a good day. I got into the office early, got some work done and headed off to the Board about 2 o'clock. I had a TERRIFIC meeting with the current TRLP class and it was GREAT. There were twenty-two people in the class, and it was a great exchange of information and clarifications.

One thing I learned at Strategic Planning yesterday was the difference between 'compromise' and 'collaboration". It is an interesting concept, and I like things that make me think. If you run into me, ask me about it, it is something that I enjoy discussing. Kind of like the 'shoe box' theory. Unfortunately, the older I get, the more I think.

This is going to be a slow weekend, if the weather prognosticators are any indication. I think it is supposed to rain through tomorrow, but I really need to go to Tractor Supply and buy a new hay ring for the cattle. They can really do some damage to equipment around here. AND, they require a special 'equine' ring, because if they get their horns caught in the ring, they can do serious damage to themselves trying to get free.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RAIN RAIN RAIN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment