Thursday, March 8, 2012

2012 - Day 068/298 - Thursday...

This was the view (pretty much) on my way to work this morning. And it did not get very much better most of the day. BUT, when I left the office this afternoon, the temperature dropped 28 degrees between the time I left and the time I got home. AND it rained like a crazy. It was raining cats and dogs and I think I stepped in a Poodle.

Whatever...

It was a pretty calm day today. I did not deliver my Meals-On-Wheels route today because I had a meeting. I have that conflict once a month. After the luncheon meeting, I had a couple other appointments, but I was actually able to get a lot of work accomplished. I am kind of looking forward to it being a rainy weekend. I would really like to just sit inside the house, get a fire going in the stove (we have a fire going right now) and just chill out. That would be really nice.

On a sad note, if you follow this journal (and can remember back that far) I posted a photo of Leslie Cochran a couple years ago. I paid him two-bucks (I think) to take his picture, and he was quite a character. Leslie died this morning from (mainly) just living a hard life. He was Austin's iconic street person, and was known near-and-far. He was sixty years old. RIP Leslie.

I have one meeting tomorrow, and hopefully a pretty calm day. South by Southwest (SXSW) began today (or tomorrow) and the city is full of out-of-towners again. I need to do my best to steer clear of downtown.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RIP LESLIE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment