Monday, December 16, 2013

2013 - Day 350/15 - Monday...

It is 11 o'clock Monday evening and I am in Williamsburg, Virginia.  It is cold outside, I just got here, there was a cab fiasco and I am hungry.  It will get better from here.  From what I could see in the dark during the drive here from the airport, it is a beautiful historic town, and I will try to get to see a quick bit of it tomorrow between meetings.  In the meantime, this is the best photo I have.  Maybe I will have a better one when the room service burger gets here, but for now, this one will have to do...I fear this is a quiet, tasteful little hotel.  CRAP!

Today was a busy day, and there was lots of work to get done.  I left the office at 3 PM and really had no challenges with the fights even though there was no time for dilly dallying around.  Tomorrow will be the real teller...My meeting is over at 3:30 and my flight is at 5:10.  Allegedly there will be a chariot awaiting when my meeting is over to whisk me back to Newport News so I can catch that little bitty plane back to Atlanta where I can catch that bigger plane back to Austin,  I have not yet had a drink of wine (it has been ordered) but I am waiting for it to be delivered.  I remember how much fun this used to be, trying to type and self medicate at the same time, and it is proving to be fun even again.  Self medication works in a variety of states and municipalities,  JUST REMEMBER TH WORDS YOU USED TO LEARN IN CHURCH...bingo!  IT SHOULD BE all caps, BUT THAT IS CLOSE ENOUGH.

I THINK THERE IS something to be said for quitting while I am ahead, and I think I just said it.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, OLD WILLIAMSBURG, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment