Thursday, December 19, 2013

2013 - Day 353/12 - Thursday...

Before I get into this entry, I want to talk about this photo.  The Austin Board of REALTORS® made an investment in our community recently.  There are many ways we can invest the assets of our colleagues, and one way is to help others.  The Board donated $50,000 to the Red Cross of Central Texas and earmarked the monies to be used to help folks who were flooded out of their homes in the Halloween Floods...about 1,200 folks were forced out of their homes.  This is what REALTORS® are all about; helping folks buy, sell, maintain and reinforce the dream of Home Ownership.  How many of you have ever heard a little kid say that they dreamed of growing up to be a renter?  Really?  Okay, enough of this soap box...it is all about the good we can do individually and collectively.

And by the way, if you look closely, you can see a much better image of my friend and colleague Aaron behind me (the goofy guy with the bow tie)!  Note:  Photo Credit Austin Board of REALTORS®.

Today was a very interesting day.  I consciously felt no stress on the way to work this morning.  I had no meetings (none to really talk about anyway), no deadlines, nothing causing me even the littlest bit of stress.  It was very nice.

I got to the office, and was able to concentrate on work.  We did have a PM meeting in the AM, and shortly after that Kay and I went and delivered our Meals-On-Wheels route, and that was fun.  We even volunteered for a couple extra delivery days in the next couple weeks to help cover for other folks who will be out of town or otherwise obligated.  It is nice to actually cover for other folks every now and then, I certainly need to be covered now and again.

After Meals-On-Wheels, Kay and I got lunch from El Mercado and sat in the conference room and watched HGTV for a while.  Very nice.

My goal was to make it home before dark, but I was not able to get that accomplished.  Things come up and things do not always work out the way we expected.  BUT, everything ALWAYS works out the way it is supposed to!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, GIVING BACK, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment