Friday, November 10, 2017

2017 - Day 314/51 - Friday...

I love morning glories. I think next year I am going to find a nice place that is not in full sun and plant some more morning glories. I have an early meeting at the board this morning, and made it to the office about 12:30. We were interviewing state legislative candidates prior to the primary that will be held in February. Time is not standing still, time is going on and there is nothing we can do about it. Bt I digress. When I got to the office, there was some work that needed to be cleared from my desk, and then Kay and Tosalyn and I headed off to an estate sale. We try to find nearby estate sales just to go rummage and see what we can find. This old cottage in southeast Austin had a fence line of beautiful morning glories and I stopped to document the blooms before entering the sale. One of the sale staff came out to find out what I was doing...I was nearly arrested for taking pictures of the flowers. She said that was okay, and turned around. I stopped her a queried what exactly she thought I was doing to the glories, was there a trend in this particular neighborhood of glory assault with a deadly iPhone or something? She replied that she thought I was stealing some of the plants. I have never heard of that, but it did make for on-going conversation while I pondered my purchases; a brooch, a small oil painting and a bag of antique (maybe just old) marbles. I did break into "Alice's Restaurant" while surveying the treasures, but I don't think too many people got the reference.

All in all, not a bad day...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, GLORIES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment