Monday, November 26, 2018

2018 - Day 330/35 - Monday...1620...

I bought a package-deal of three amaryllis at Costco about three weeks ago, and this if the first of the three to burst forth in blooms. The other two have opened up as well since I took this photo the other day, so I think it is amazing that these things have done so beautifully. Nothing like a little splash of color in the breakfast room to brighten things up!

And suddenly everyone returns to the work day world. The brief respite from total traffic chaos was welcome, but the traffic on the commute this morning was not particularly pleasant. Once again, traffic was backed up on southbound IH-35, but there was seemingly no reason for the stoppage. Nothing. No wrecks, no flat tires, nothing. No emergency vehicles, no cops (except the one Sheriff  that honked at me to put down my cell phone, but not before I took their photo for an drive-time Facebook post). Nothing. Just number-to-bumper stop-and-go (mainly stopped) traffic for about 15 miles. But, it was okay in the long run.

I am getting up tomorrow morning at 3 a.m. and leaving the house around 5 a.m. and heading to Minneapolis for a few days. I will be back Thursday evening. The high temperature in Minneapolis today was 23 degrees, and that is not celsius talking. Allegedly, once I get to the hotel, there will be no reason to face the elements. But who in the hell plans a meeting in Minneapolis at the end of November? I know, but if I told you, then I would have to kill you, lest I be killed!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, AMARYLLIS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment