Saturday, November 2, 2019

2019 - Day 306/59 - Saturday...Skosh...

Much of my world is battery driven and wireless. Not all of it, but a lot of it. Today, I vowed to replace all the batteries in everything battery powered in the house. I changed a total of 93 batteries today, and this image documents only the smoke detectors, door chimes, and fire detectors. I also changed the batteries in ALL the clocks (I like clocks), and set the clocks all to standard time. It was dark as pitch at 6 p.m. (standard time), this evening. I also changed all the batteries in the Arlo security cams, but that is nothing, I pretty much do that every weekend with rechargeable batteries. I just realized, I did not change the battery in the carbon monoxide detector in the bedroom. I will do that as soon as I finish this entry.

Skosh -- Noun. a small amount. bit. smidgen. The barista sprinkled a skosh of fresh cinnamon onto the milky surface of the latte.

Did You Know? The word skosh comes from the Japanese word sukoshi, which is pronounced sko-shee, and means "a tiny bit" or "a small amount." The Japanese word was shortened by U.S. servicemen stationed in Japan after World War II. Later, in the Korean War (which technically was not a war and is still in progress), a small soldier was often nicknamed Skosh. In cililian-speak, skosh can be used by itself as a noun (as in "anyone with a skosh of talent") or in the adverbial phrase "a skosh" (an in "just a skosh tired").

No comments:

Post a Comment